Monday, October 25, 2010

Life List,

I'm doing something kind of bold here. This post may not seem so out of the ordinary for bloggers, but it is for me. I'm about to tell you a part of me! Things that matter in my heart! Aren't you lucky? But really, the following post is my life list. My own "Buried Life" that I not only hope to achieve but will accomplish in full. So here she goes:
*Some items have been omitted and more are to come.

  1. Hike the Appalachian Trail
  2. Go to Yosemite National Park and climb halfdome
  3. Complete a marathon--no make that a triathlon
  4. Learn to climb, propel, and belay (that last one's kind of necessary for the other two)
  5. Go spelunking (October 7, 2010: Raccoon Mtn., TN)
  6. Learn to spin pottery
  7. Write a book
  8. Live in New York for at least a year
  9. Learn to play an instrument
  10. Have a kid
  11. Road trip across the States (in part, my family has done so up the east coast to Maine)
  12. Write a song
  13. Fall in love
  14. Write a blog (my own, I mean)
  15. Explore the jungle, ride an elephant, zip line through a canopy of trees
  16. Go on an archaeological adventure
  17. Star in a play
  18. Watch the classics (i.e. Casablanca and Gone With the Wind)
  19. Bask in a field of sunflowers
  20. Live my own year in Provence
  21. Ride on the back of a Vespa with a European boy
  22. Swim in a public fountain
  23. Volunteer at a hospital
  24. Go to the Pacific Northwest
  25. Hike Machu Picchu
  26. Learn to sew
  27. Plant a garden (preferably an urban garden)
  28. Go the Pearl Harbor Memorial
  29. Scuba Dive
  30. By Mom a beach house
  31. Have a lousy waitressing job
  32. Make Meme (my grandmother) a published book of all her and my grandfather's travels
  33. Find a cure for Alzheimer's
  34. Own a bookstore
  35. Learn to shoot a gun (once is scary enough!)
  36. Smoke a pipe (or cigar)
  37. Learn to tango
  38. Give away my possessions
  39. Backpack all over the world
  40. Get married (notice how this is late on the list)
  41. Roller derby!
  42. Get a tattoo
  43. Sing at the Grande Ole Opry
  44. Open up a bakery and coffee shop
  45. Go to culinary school for fun
  46. Go to Turkey (and just about everywhere else I can think of...)
  47. Go hunting
  48. See the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
  49. Farm my own food
  50. Learn sign language
  51. Go to Bonnaroo!
  52. Be in a band (a girl band would be cause for bonus points)
  53. Spend the night in Ikea
any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment